Friday, June 1, 2007

[Random Factor #30] Woo-hoo + yee-ha =

It's official! I am going to Germany to
attend a week of teachings with the Dali Lama,
including 5 days of teachings on Aryadeva's 400
Stanzas, also known as Four Hundred Verses on the
Yogic Deeds of Bodhisattvas. Bodhisattva means a
being dedicated to attaining Nirvana. These
writings are part of the foundation of the form of
Buddhism that took root in Tibet and was first
conceived nearly 2,000 years ago.

After nearly giving up I was able to arrange a
partial work trade with www.Rejuvenative.com to
cover some of my expenses to make this trip
possible. Now, not only am I going, but I have
a mission to deliver Rejuvenative's Ambrosia
(which means "food of the gods") and some other
raw organic foods as a gift. Ha ha, i love it,
what a great mission. To top it off today I
learned I have a place to stay for free in Germany.

Thank you universe!

Thank you especially to those who have contributed
to make this trip happen. You are incredibly awesome,
I really don't know what to say... but let me try.

First off, visitors to some-guy.com are thinkers,
as it's discovered most by folks searching for quotes,
facts, and riddles. A truly thoughtful demographic
and a group that no doubt would make for good company
over dinner.

Of the 700,000+ people who will visit this year,
less than 1% will sign up for the Random Factor,
which makes you folks the type that explore your
world and take action. This newsletter aside, you
will all find more to appreciate in your lives than
the average person, you are wise among wise.

In fact, people see you as lucky, & for good reason.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/3335275.stm

Then, there is the small percentage of you folks
who have actually taken the time to show me some
love, and to help me to have this extraordinary
experience. I have no doubt that wherever you are,
you're making the world a better place.

As a thank you, I will be looking for a gift
on my trip. What it will be, I do not yet know, I
will leave this to the universe to reveal. When
I get back I will ask my random generator to
produce a name from those folks that supported
me and to that person the gift will go. Your name
will go in one time for each dollar you contribute.

To support this mission and get in the drawing,
visit http://www.some-guy.com/contribute.html .

By the way, if you contributed in the past and were
expecting to receive a story but did not please let
me know. I separated giving out the story from
contributions but I had written about it in several
places and forgot to change the language in all
places. So, if you were expecting or if you just
contributed and want the story, let me know, I am
more than happy to oblige... it is a great story : )

Still reading? You are awesome. So, let me see, what
nugget of wisdom, what glimmer of insight, what fragment
of truth can I offer you today?

This quote is a favorite of the Reverend Jesse Jackson.

"If you try, you might fail, but if you do not try you
are guaranteed to fail."

Don't like to fail? I know the feeling. But, we really
shouldn't worry because even in the cases we do fail,
it is a powerful part of the process, and it is fear
that is truly the thief of dreams.

Failure and success in the life of Abraham Lincoln

* 1831 - Lost his job
* 1832 - Defeated in run for Illinois State Legislature
* 1833 - Failed in business
* 1834 - Elected to Illinois State Legislature (success)
* 1835 - Sweetheart died
* 1836 - Had nervous breakdown
* 1838 - Defeated in run for Illinois House Speaker
* 1843 - Defeated in run for nomination for U.S. Congress
* 1846 - Elected to Congress (success)
* 1848 - Lost re-nomination
* 1849 - Rejected for land officer position
* 1854 - Defeated in run for U.S. Senate
* 1856 - Defeated in run for nomination for Vice President
* 1858 - Again defeated in run for U.S. Senate
* 1860 - Elected President (success)

http://www.school-for-champions.com/history/lincoln_failures.htm

until next time,

Some Guy


p.s. Lucia Iman http://www.sellaband.com/lucia/ was a
winner of http://www.sellaband.com contest, and will be performing live at Gibson Guitar Studios in London,
June 5th, way to go Lucia!

If you missed it check out issue #24


--------------------------------

This text published originally in the newsletter
The Random Factor at www.some-guy.com

To subscribe enter your email here:




I hate spam as much as you do

No comments: